Welcome to Sydney Airport Car Rentals
Hiring a rental car is a great way to get around Sydney. With connections to all of the car rental operators, we can streamline the car rental process so you’ll be in the right place at the right time without hassle of cabs and buses.
Where to Go
You’ll find the car rental desks located on the arrival levels at international Terminals 1 and domestic Terminal 2/3. Sydney Airport’s international and domestic buildings are located separately about walking distance apart, but there are several quicker methods of getting from one location to another. The T-Bus shuttle service takes about 10 minutes. Bus stops are located on the arrivals levels at T1 at Bus Bay 1 near McDonald’s and at T2 on the first roadway in the center of the terminal. A faster method is the Airport Link train, which takes about two minutes. You can also take a taxi.
Pickup and return location will be at Sydney (Kingsford Smith) Airport, whose address is Terminal Buildings, Sydney Airport 2020 Sydney.
- Avis. Access to the Avis counter is available in all terminals. With more than 240 convenient locations, the Avis network is the largest in Australia.
Sydney (Kingsford Smith) Airport transports more passengers than any other airport in the country. It’s located about 7 miles (12 kilometers) from downtown Sydney, so it typically takes drivers less than 15 minutes.
Tips for driving in Sydney and Australia
- Australians drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- Australians use the metric system for distances and speeds. You might want to familiarize yourself with these before driving.
- Plenty of Sydney’s attractions are within easy driving distance of the city center. The extensive road network includes Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Harbour Tunnel and motorways in and around the city.
- Travelers who are staying for a week or longer might consider purchasing an E-toll pass.
- Be aware of the speed and traffic light cameras around Sydney.
- Car parking is accessible in the city center and at major shopping malls as well as on the street with metered parking that accepts coin or credit card payment.
- While Australia is as large as the continental U.S., the Aussie population is about 14 times smaller, so the road network in the countryside is not as well developed.
Select your travel dates and vehicle type below to view rates, availability & make secure online reservations in Sydney. Most of the car rental companies offer compact, mid-size, full-size, luxury, convertible, suvs and many other types of vehicles. The car rental reservation systems are very user friendly and offer great savings.