Search for hotels near Sarajevo International Airport, that offer guests great customer service, large rooms and relaxing amenities.
Alley in IlidzaDistance from Sarajevo Airport: 7.2 km
An attractive promenade from the spa – tourist complex Ilidza to Vrelo Bosne, planted with trees of plane-trees and chestnuts in length of 3.5 kilometres, represents the most beautiful alley in B&H. The alley consists of 726 trees of maple-leaved plane-trees, planted in 2 rows in 1892, and dozens of wild chestnut trees planted in 1888. This green “tunnel” has always represented a genuine tourist attraction and a peculiar monument of Nature.
Ali Pasha’s Mosque
Ali Pasha’s Mosque (Alipašina džamija)Distance from Sarajevo Airport: 9 km
One of the most beautiful cupolaed mosques, built in 1561 beside the tomb of the founder of Bosnian governor of the sandjak province (sandzak bey) Ali-pasha, a native of Sarajevsko polje (Sarajevo field). He died in Sarajevo in 1557, and prior to his death in the sickbed, he dictated his testament ordering thereby a mosque to be built next to his tomb with the funds from his foundation, which was obeyed.
Bašcaršija Distance from Sarajevo Airport: 11.8 km
The word “Baš-caršija” literarily means “main marketplace” and designates the area of market square around the fountain called „sebilj”, and later this name spread on the whole nowadays Old Sarajevo’s marketplace. It is formed in the middle of XV century as the economic part of a new oriental settlement whose urban skeleton is made of facilities built by the funds from Isa-bey’s foundation. The market-place was built on the model of an Arabian„ suk”, a line of spacious lots linked by a complex of a number of entangled little streets. In use from 1896.
Bosniak Institute – Foundation Adil Zulfikarpašic Distance from Sarajevo Airport: 12.7 km
The Bosniac Institute – Foundation Adil Zulfikarpašic is a cultural and scientific educational institution that deals with promotion, development and research of history, culture, cultural heritage, literature, religion, and all forms of art of Bosniac people, as well as of other peoples in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Bosniac Institute complex consists of the Library, the Bosniac Institute Club, an administration building and a Turkish-bath, which all together cover the surface of more than 4000 square meters. The Bosniac Institute Library contains over 80,000 of librarian units, as well as a rich collection of works of art, a collection of valuable oriental handwritings, multimedia publications, photographs, etc.
The Bijambare Cave
The Bijambare CaveDistance from Sarajevo Airport: 12.5 km
Between the villages of Nišici and Krivajevici, in the municipality of Ilijaš, a forest road about 2 km long branches out from the main road Sarajevo-Olovo and leads through the beautiful setting of the conifer forest towards the Bijambare area. Immediately by the mountain home “Bijambare” (altitude 950 meters above the sea-level) there is the most important natural rarity – the Bijambare Cave, in one part open to visitors. The Bijambare Cave consists of the three speleological facilities: the Upper Bijambare Cave, the Middle Bijambare Cave that is made of four halls rich in cave dripstones. In the fourth hall, the biggest one, there are numerous stalactites and the ceiling is covered with jewellery. In its jewellery, diverse in their shape and size, this cave hall is one of the most beautiful in B&H. In the vicinity of the Cave, there are the brook Bradic with a lake and a water-mill, and the brook Bjelila that traverses the Bijambare forest and clearings in the woods. The Bijambare area, together with the Bijambare Cave, is one of the rare excursion sites that suits equally all admirers of Nature: it represents a genuine pleasure for the admirers of cave, clear waters, pine forest and the forest silence.
Botanical Garden of the National Museum of B&HDistance from Sarajevo Airport: 10.2 km
Botanical Garden is placed in the central part of the city and makes a component of the National Museum complex. It is the only monument of this kind in Sarajevo. It was established in 1913, and its founder was an eminent botanist Karlo Maly. The surface of the Botanical Garden is 14,270 square meters and more than 2,000 of plant species are grown in it. The Garden contains extremely valuable collections: of endemic species, Tertiary relicts, and our floristic rarities. In a beautiful setting you can see in one place a number of exotic kinds of trees, as: Japanese cherry (Prunus serrulata), sequoia (Sequoia), ginkgo (Ginkgho biloba) etc. A special attraction represents the fountain in the central part of the Garden, surrounded by ample vegetation that gives the visitors an impression of the Garden as a romantic flourishing park.
Brusa Bezistan (domed market building)Distance from Sarajevo Airport: 11.7 km
It was built in 1551 by the Grand Vizier Rustem-pasha who, beside his state business, dealt with the silk manufacturing in Brusa. This silk form Brusa sold in this bezistan was exactly what the building was given the name after, Brusa betistan. The bezistan roof is made of 6 big and 2 small cupolas, and among the arches, there were two small rooms-treasuries, where the Sarajevo guildsmen kept their archives. Even nowadays this bezistan in Sarajevo serves its purpose-commerce.
Butmir – Neolithic settlementDistance from Sarajevo Airport: 12.5 km
The first human settlements in this area derive from the Neolithic period. Around 2400-2000 B.C.E., in the Butmir settlements, located on the banks of the river Željeznica, a Neolithic settlement was developing, and archaeologists discovered it in 1893-1896. The greatest value from that period represents the ceramics, which through its originality of forms and combination of various ornaments, with its simplicity and purity, assorts the Bumir culture in the line with the most important manifestations and attainments of that age.