Welcome to JFK Airport Car Rentals
Book a car for your trip in New York City. With connections to all major car rental companies at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), we can simplify your transportation needs.
JFK is the busiest international gateway in the U.S., servicing about 90 airlines and handling about 50 million passengers a year. Located in the borough of Queens, JFK sits about 13 miles east from downtown, but it can take around a 50-minute drive along Belt Parkway.
Where to Go
Even though the airport is quite big, it’s not hard to find your rental car. On the Arrivals Level of each terminal (typically near the baggage carousel), you’ll find either a rental car counter or courtesy telephone with instructions how to contact each of the agencies. To get to the vehicles themselves, take AirTrain to the Federal Circle Station.
Car Rental Agencies at JFK
Choose from the following car rental companies: Avis, Dollar, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise and National.
Things to Know About Driving in New York City
Thanks to the traffic and droves of pedestrians, driving in New York City has an infamous reputation. So, take into account these tips when driving in the Empire Capital.
- Most boroughs of the city are completely congested with traffic from 7 to 9 a.m. and 4:30 to around 7 p.m. on weekdays. If possible, avoid driving during these times.
- The speed limit throughout New York City is 30 miles per hour. So, slow down. The city government has been increasing awareness of the speed limits lately, and you don’t want to get caught on the wrong side of a ticket.
- Watch out for bikers. In the past few years, New York City has added miles of bike lanes. Cyclists are everywhere, so keep an eye out for them. When you park, be sure to look both ways before swinging your door open.
- Double check your blind spots. Chances are, there’s a cab hiding in your blind spot. Use your mirrors because drivers change lanes fluidly, moving wherever there is space to move.
- To avoid buses, stay out of the right lane. Buses can be a headache for drivers, but as long as you keep this tip in mind, you can do your best to steer clear of them.
Paying Toll Fees
Consult with your rental agency to learn company policies for paying tolls. Some rental car companies offer E-ZPass® transponder tags, in which case, make sure you understand how to use the transponders and learn about any additional fees. Fees will vary between rental car companies regarding unpaid tolls.
If the rental company does not provide a transponder, you can either pay the toll with cash or the pay using your own E-ZPass® transponder. If you have an account for the transponder and decide to use it, it’s not recommended to add the rental car license plate number to the account.
Reserve your JFK Airport car rental
Select your travel dates and vehicle type below to view rates, availability & make secure online reservations in New York. Most of the car rental companies offer compact, mid-size, full-size, luxury, convertible, suvs and many other types of vehicles. The car rental reservation systems are very user friendly and offer great savings. Thank you for visiting.