Welcome to Miami Airport Car Rentals
Book a car for your next Miami vacation. With connections to all major car rental companies at Miami International Airport (MIA), we can simplify your transportation needs.
Miami Airport is ranked second in the U.S. for the highest amount of international passengers. For foreign travelers, driving in the U.S. on a foreign license is legal as long as it’s valid and has not expired. However, it’s a good idea to buy an international driving permit.
MIA is located about 7 miles from downtown Miami, so it typically takes motorists 12 minutes along the Airport Expressway to arrive in the city during non-rush hour times.
Where to Go
There is a wide selection of car rental brands to choose from at MIA. Once you land, take a shuttle from any of the terminals (MIA Station) to the MIA Rental Car Center (RCC in the Central Station), where the majority of Miami Airport car rental operations are located. Free shuttle buses run constantly from the arrival halls. All of the big-name companies are housed under one roof on different floors only a mile away from the airport entrance.
Returning the car is also easy thanks to the good signage around the airport. There is one entrance for all of these rental companies:
Advantage Rent A Car, Alamo, All Day Rent A Car, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, E-Z Rent A Car, Firefly Car Rental, Hertz, National, Payless, P & P Family Auto Rental, Royal, Sixt and Thrifty.
In addition to these services, there are car rental companies not located inside RCC but are in proximity to MIA:
- 1-2-3 Auto Rental, 4019 NW 28 Street
- 247 Rent A Car, 2850 NW 40 Avenue
- ACO Rent A Car, 2875 NW 42 Avenue
- Amigo’s Car Rental, LLC., 3326 NW South River Drive Suite B
- Arow Auto Rental, 3994 NW 27 Street
- Bakhos Rent A Car, 4387 NW 7 Street
- Camping World Leasing (RV rental), 3901 NW 16th Street, Lauderhill
- Miami Rent A Car Plus, 3990 NW 26 Street
- Players Car Rental, 4101 NW 25 Street
- Rent Max, 4120 NW 28 Street
- Total Auto Rent, LLC, 4050 NW 28 Street
Things to know when driving in Miami
Every city has its own driving culture, but Miami is particularly known for its eager motorists. Here are a few things to bear in mind when driving in Miami:
- Many motorists do not use their blinking signals, so be ready for abrupt lane shifts and turns.
- Drive defensively and look out for people talking on cell phones.
- Plan your route ahead of time. There are two main bridges in Miami Beach from Miami: the Julia Tuttle Causeway, which is the I-195 bridge, and the MacArthur Causeway, which is the I-395 bridge.
- During rush hour times, expect huge amounts of traffic and plan accordingly.
Book Your Miami Airport Car Rental Online
Select your travel dates and vehicle type below to view rates, availability & make secure online reservations in Miami. Most of the car rental companies offer compact, mid-size, full-size, luxury, convertible, suvs and many other types of vehicles. The car rental reservation systems are very user friendly and offer great savings. Thank you for visiting.