Welcome to Gatwick Airport Car Rental
Need some wheels in London? Choose from a range of cars, from SUVs to small-sized cars. We have the hookups with the top brands including Hertz, AVIS, Europcar, Alamo, Budget, National, Dollar and Thrifty.
London Gatwick Airport is located about 39 miles from downtown, so it typically takes drivers one hour to arrive in central London. Horley is the nearest town to Gatwick Airport, and many of the airport hotels are located there.
Book today to make cruising around London easier!
Where to Go
Before you leave for London Gatwick Airport, make sure you know which supplier you’ve rented from. Locations vary based on car rental agency.
- Hertz – Gatwick Airport, Crawley, London RH6 0QX, United Kingdom
- Europcar – International Arrivals, London Gatwick Airport, RH6 0NP, United Kingdom
- Enterprise – In Terminals North And South, Lower Forecourt Road, Horley, RH6 0NP, United Kingdom
- Green Motion – Holiday Inn London Gatwick, Povey Cross Road, Horley, West Sussex, RH6 0BA
- Sixt – Lower Forecourt Road, Horley, RH6 0NP, United Kingdom
- Alamo – Car Rental Buildings Sth Terminal, Lower Forecourt Road, Gatwick West Sussex, RH6 0NP, United Kingdom
- ACE Rent A Car – Povey Cross Road, Horley, West Sussex, RH6 0BA, United Kingdom
Driving Tips in London
- Drivers in England drive on the left-hand side of the road, and the driver’s seat sits on the right. Familiarize yourself with your rental car and its controls before leaving the rental car location.
- Be ready for roundabouts. The two essential things to keep in mind are: Get in the lane and stay there, and give way to the right (traffic on the roundabout).
- Keep your headlights on during the day, especially during the foggy conditions that London is famous for.
- It is illegal to talk on a cellphone while driving in the U.K.
- No right turns during a red light. There is no U.K. equivalent to “right on red.”
- Be aware of U-turners. Drivers are permitted to execute a U-turn or a three-point turn on any U.K. road unless it’s explicitly prohibited.
- If you don’t see any speed limits indicated, the speed limits in the U.K. are generally 30 miles per hour (48 kilometers per hour) in the city, 40 to 50 mph (64 to 80 kph) on country roads, 60 mph (96 kph) on single-lane highways and 70 mph (112 kph) on double-lane highways.
- In London, parking zones are differentiated by colors. Blue zones allow parking for one to 1.5 hours. Green zones allow parking two to four hours. Red zones do not permit parking at any times.
Select your travel dates and vehicle type below to view rates, availability & make secure online reservations in London. Most of the car rental companies offer compact, mid-size, full-size, luxury, convertible, suvs and many other types of vehicles. The car rental reservation systems are very user friendly and offer great savings. Thank you for visiting.