Welcome to LaGuardia Airport Car Rentals
Airport Hotel Guide provides LaGuardia Airport car rentals from leading rent-a-car companies such as Hertz, Budget, Avis and more. Whether you’re in town to check out the Empire State Building, Broadway shows and top restaurants, or just swinging by for a few business meetings, renting your own transportation can make life easier.
LaGuardia Airport sits in the northern part of the borough of Queens, and it takes about 25 minutes to drive from the airport to downtown, which are located about 11 miles apart.
Where to Go
The rental agencies provide frequent, free shuttle buses between LaGuardia’s terminal and their pickup/drop-off sites, which are located only a few blocks away from the airport.
Car Rental Agencies at LaGuardia
You can choose between Avis, Dollar, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise and National car rental services.
Things to Know About Driving in New York City
Driving in New York City can be notoriously challenging. With traffic, eager motorists and swarms of pedestrians, it’s best to know these pointers when driving in the Empire Capital.
- The speed limit throughout New York City is 30 miles per hour. So, slow down. The city government has been increasing awareness of the speed limits lately, and you don’t want to get caught on the wrong side of a ticket.
- Most boroughs of the city are completely congested with traffic from 7 to 9 a.m. and 4:30 to around 7 p.m. on weekdays. If possible, avoid driving during these times.
- Double check your blind spots. Chances are, there’s a cab hiding in your blind spot. Use your mirrors because drivers change lanes fluidly, moving wherever there is space to move.
- Watch out for bikers. In the past few years, New York City has added miles of bike lanes. Cyclists are everywhere, so keep an eye out for them. When you park, be sure to look both ways before swinging your door open.
- To avoid buses, stay out of the right lane. Buses can be a headache for drivers, but as long as you keep this tip in mind, you can do your best to steer clear of them.
Paying Toll Fees
Consult with your rental car agency to learn company policies for paying tolls. Some rental car companies offer E-ZPass® transponder tags, in which case, make sure you understand how to use the transponders and learn about any additional fees. Fees will vary between rental car companies regarding unpaid tolls.
If your rental company does not provide a transponder, you can pay the toll with cash or the pay using your own E-ZPass® transponder. If you have an account for the transponder and decide to use it, it’s not recommended to add the rental car license plate number to the account.
Reserve your LaGuardia Airport car rental
Select your travel dates and vehicle type below to view rates, availability & make secure online reservations in New York City. Most of the car rental companies offer compact, mid-size, full-size, luxury, convertible, suvs and many other types of vehicles. The car rental reservation systems are very user friendly and offer great savings. Thank you for visiting.