Welcome to Glasgow Airport Car Rentals
Reserve a set of wheels for your vacation in Glasgow. With the tie-ins to all major car rental companies at Glasgow International Airport, we can make finding the right vehicle for car hire easier.
GIA is located about 9 miles (14 kilometers) from downtown Glasgow, so it usually takes drivers about 20 minutes to get into the city. Handling more than 7 million passengers each year, Glasgow airport is Scotland’s busiest airport.
Where to Go
You’ll find several car rental companies that are all located near domestic arrivals, offering a range of vehicle sizes from compact cars to larger SUVs. Glasgow Airport car rental pickup is easy, since the hub is situated just opposite the terminal building.
Car Rental Agencies at Glasgow Airport
- Europcar – All pickups and returns are made right off St. Andrews Drive.
- National – National has 190 locations in the U.K., including Glasgow airport.
- Alamo – The desk is located inside the airport terminal.
- Avis – For international arrivals, leave the baggage claim, turn left and proceed toward the domestic arrival halls where you’ll turn left again. If you’re flying domestic, the Avis rental desk is directly on your right-hand side after leaving baggage claim.
- Hertz – The desk is located inside the airport terminal.
- Enterprise – The desk is located inside the airport terminal.
- Budget – The desk is located inside the airport terminal.
- Dollar/Thrifty – Take note that if you arrive more than one hour after location closing time, there will be an additional charge and it must be prearranged.
6 Things to Know About Driving in Scotland
- In Scotland and throughout the U.K., you’ll be driving on the left-hand side of the road. The driver’s seat is situated on the right-hand side of the vehicle, so familiarize yourself before departing the car rental location.
- Visitors from countries outside of the European Union can drive in Scotland and throughout the U.K. for up to one year as long as their license is still valid in the country where it was issued.
- All drivers must have at least third-party insurance coverage.
- Most of the time speed limits are sign-posted on main routes by a circular sign with a red border and a number. If you don’t see any signs, the national speed limits apply: 70 miles per hour (112 kilometers per hour) on motorways; 70 mph on dual carriageways; 30 mph (48 kph) on built-up areas such as residential neighborhoods; and 60 mph (96kph) outside built-up areas.
- There are no toll roads or bridges in Scotland.
- It is illegal to use a cell phone while driving a vehicle in Scotland and the U.K.
Reserve your Glasgow Airport car rental online
Select your travel dates and vehicle type below to view rates, availability & make secure online reservations in Glasgow. Most of the car rental companies offer compact, mid-size, full-size, luxury, convertible, suvs and many other types of vehicles. The car rental reservation systems are very user friendly and offer great savings. Thank you for visiting.