Welcome to Chicago O’Hare Car Rentals
Get where you need to go with car rentals through Airport Hotel Guide. Whether you’ve come to the Windy City to experience the views from Willis Tower or the industry visions in business meetings, reserving a set of wheels can simplify your trip in Chicago. Airport Hotel Guide has connections to all of the major rental car services, from Hertz to Budget to Avis.
It typically takes drivers about 35 minutes to drive from Chicago O’Hare International Airport to downtown. O’Hare is the larger of two airports in Chicago, the other being Chicago Midway International Airport.
Car Rental Companies at O’Hare
Choose from a dozen car companies serving O’Hare. All O’Hare rental car agencies can be found near the baggage claim areas in Terminals 1, 2, and 3. Courtesy phones for rental cars are located in the lower level of Terminal 5. These rental car agencies often operate complimentary bus or shuttle services.
- Ace: 4000 North Mannheim Road, Franklin Park
- Advantage: 2170 Mannheim Road, Des Plaines
- Alamo: 560 Bessie Coleman Drive, Chicago
- Avis: 10000 Bessie Coleman Drive, Chicago
- Budget: 580 Bessie Coleman Drive, Chicago
- Dollar: Bessie Coleman Drive, Chicago
- Enterprise: Several locations
- 2845 Mannheim Road, Des Plaines
- 1670 South River Road, Des Plaines
- 1040 Busse Highway, Park Ridge
- Firefly: 3901 Mannheim Road, Schiller Park
- Hertz: Several locations
- Bessie Coleman Drive
- 6501 Mannheim Road, Chicago
- 2170 S. Mannheim Road, Des Plaines
- National: 10000 Bessie Coleman Drive, Chicago
- Payless: 4000 N Mannheim Road
- Thrift: 3901 Mannheim Road, Schiller Park
5 Tips for Driving in Chicago
Although driving in Chicago – the third-largest city in the country – is much easier than its big-city counterparts of New York and Los Angeles, the Windy City can be tricky in its own right. Check out these tips for driving in Chicago:
- Be careful of bikers in and out of bike lanes. Cyclists will weave through standing traffic. After parking, always look both ways before opening the car door.
- Watch out for potholes, which can be up to 10 inches deep in some parts of the city. Needless to say, these mini craters can damage cars.
- Slow down for speed humps. Speed humps are scattered around the city, and not only in residential neighborhoods. Though they’re mostly kept to smaller side streets, they have even been placed in busy areas like downtown on streets near Michigan Avenue.
- Stay off your phone. In the state of Illinois, it’s illegal to text or talk on a cell phone while driving without the use of a hands-free device.
- Pay parking meters exactly on time. Even people who show up a minute late to add to the meter find tickets on their windshield. Feed the meter before your time expires.
Book your O’Hare car rental
Select your travel dates and vehicle type below to view rates, availability & make secure online reservations in Chicago. Most of the car rental companies offer compact, mid-size, full-size, luxury, convertible, suvs and many other types of vehicles. The car rental reservation systems are very user friendly and offer great savings. Thank you for visiting.